Thursday 1 October 2015

Thread at Farnham Maltings

I visited Thread, a festival of textiles at Farnham Maltings this weekend with my sister Sonia.  we have been spending lots of time dress making  this year and even treated our selves to a Janome Coverpro machine at the Festival of Quilts in August.  We follow the Blog of Lauren Guthrie  who was a contestant on the Great Sewing Bee a few years ago and the shop that she runs with her husband called Guthrie and Ghani was there.

We were surprised that more people didn't come to the show as the Unravel knitting festival held at Farnham Maltings is usually packed with people. We had a great time looking at the different shops and artists whose work was on display.

One of the things that made the trip worthwhile was a talk by Sandra Rowles on how to get the most from a dress pattern.  It was a very informative and interesting talk and we learnt a lot from it.  I will never look at dress pattern in quite the same way again!

I  enjoyed seeing Lauren at Guthrie and Ghani and looking at all the goodies on her stand.  I also enjoyed seeing Sue Oakham who was on the Basingstoke Embroiderers Guild stand. 

Needless to say I bought home some nice purchases.



I bought some nice medium weight cotton to make a skirt and some viscose for a shirt from Beloved Fabrics.


A dress pattern from Create Escapes.
I also treated myself to a little purse from Craig Fellowes whose work I love, all printed from his wonderful drawings of insects and plants.


I also treated myself to a little bundle of patchwork fabric for a project I have in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment