Tuesday 14 February 2017

A Bit of Dressmaking

Sorting out my new sewing room is an on going task but I did discover that I had far too much dress making fabric unused.

Until now I didn't have somewhere clean to lay out and cut fabric and my kitchen island has worked out ideal for this.

The first dress I made was with a free simplicity pattern from a magazine.  The fabric is rayon and was very easy to work with.

You will have to excuse the fact that Doris the tailors dummy is my model but I had no one around to photograph me in the dress or other clothes that I have made recently.

The pockets are slightly elasticated and the sleeves have a pretty edge, both with roulo bows.

The pattern I used.