Friday 16 December 2016
Wednesday 9 November 2016
The velux windows in the kitchen ceiling had to be built up as the roof pitch was not steep enough. These also had to be plasterboarded.
The floor incelation was also added in this photo.
Monday 19 September 2016
Tuesday 23 August 2016
Once the oak porch was fitted the builders added the slate and lead and it was finally finished. I was so happy with it that I came several times that evening to have another look! We have ordered a new front door as the old one has seen better days!
Thursday 11 August 2016
We were very pleased with the result and now we are finally weather proof. The rest of the walls and ceilings can be plastered.
There were a lot of people in a bad mood!
In the mean time the builders could now put on the slate roof.
The windows became smaller and smaller until we had to have some bespoke ones made which were quite expensive. We had them in the kitchen for weeks but when we opened the box we found that the measurements had been turned around and they were no good!
The whole roof episode cost us weeks of time and was very stressful. We got there in the end however and the builders had done an excellent job.
I took great pains to make sure that I chose the correct colour but they look too blue to me. I will have to try and get used to them! It might help when the wood cladding has gone grey.
The main bedroom and en suite bathroom.
Friday 3 June 2016
Some further photos showing two of the Velux window openings.
Looking back over the kitchen area which is going to be covered with zinc because the pitch is too shallow for slate. There are going to be three Velux windows but they have to be raised at the back to create the right angle so they do not leak. They are a bit taller than I thought!!!
A view from the garden showing where the kitchen connects to the rest of the rebuild. All we need now is a roof.
Inside views looking up showing the beams, roof supports and blue tarpaulins added to keep the rain out. It was quite tricky for David our builder to work in the top roof space.
A view from the outside with the roof supports over my new sewing room and what was once the log store. Areas have been cut out for some Velux windows.
The area over the new kitchen extension has been completed and where it joins the other roof a valley has been created. The angles and addition of another Velux in the hallway created some problems but everything was sorted out in the end.