Wednesday 21 May 2014

My First Overlocker Garment

It took me most of the day as I had to learn how to use my overlocker and re thread it, but I was very pleased with my first tunic top.  I did not do any pre measuring and just made the size 12 as the pattern came.  The pattern I used was Very Easy Vogue V8952, view A designed for stretchy fabrics.

I wanted to make the front of the tunic with a cotton rayon mix fabric and so had to test all my seams first.  My overlocker coped with them beautifully.  I was especially pleased with my neckline which I attached with the overlocker and then top stitched on my sewing machine with my top stitch foot attached.


I decided to add some pockets and shorten the sleeves.  It was quite a snug fit and I am glad that I washed all the fabrics first.  When I make this again I will try and make a little bigger to make up for thye fact that the front does not shretch.  All in all I was quite chuffed with myself!

I didn't realise how much I look like my sister from the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment