Wednesday 26 November 2014

Textart07 Textile Group

I  belong to a textile group called Textart07 which was formed  in 2007 by a group of sewers who had attended a City and Guild Machine Embroidery course with Sandra Hardy.  Over the years some people have moved away and new people have joined us and we now have a membership of 13 people.  We keep  to a low number so that we have enough table space when we meet up, which is every other Tuesday from 9.30 to 4.00 pm at Chievely Village  Hall in Berkshire. 

 During most meetings we work on our own projects, but we sometimes also set ourselves challenges and  hold mini workshop, taught mainly by other members of the group.  Two years ago we held our first exhibition and we are currently planning another one for next September.

One of our little challenges one Christmas was a pin cushion which we swapped with each other. The one I made was this mouse.



Another challenge we ran consisted of each member contributing some fabric or other sewable material, which were then devided into equal packs.  We were presented with a pack and also a small canvas frame on which our piece had to be mounted in some way.  This was my piece of work and my pack of materials. I often use both machine and hand embroidery in my work.















When we held our exhibition two years ago we all made a piece of work as part of a central exhibit with the title of "Shades of....". My subject was "Shades of Time" and was inspired by my younger sisters wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment