Monday 10 November 2014

Hand Made Books

One of the items which I designed last year and hope to make more of in the future is decorated notebooks or journals.  The covers are made with fabrics, paper and other materials such as lace, with added embroidery.  The pages are made of different types and weights of paper some of which have stamps, paint and other various marks on them. The papers have torn edges giving the books a shabby chic look.

There is a light theme for each book which could be taken as just decoration or used as a starting point and added to.

Even when using the same theme, each book is totally unique as I use what ever I have to hand and often what I have been working on.  The allium book used as an example is for sale in my Folksy shop and results from a body of work on that theme.  There are more Allium pieces to see in the gallery section, on my website at www. mariannemohandes.com.







No comments:

Post a Comment