Thursday 13 November 2014

Autumn Shoe Box Challenge

I have quilt which I hang in my hall every Autumn which was made many years ago by some friends and I on a shoebox challenge.  We all picked a theme and in a shoebox or similar box  put equivalent of 12 inches worth of patchwork which we had made.  We also put in a few pictures, some bits of fabric and a few words describing the type of things we liked or wanted.

We passed the boxes on and the next person would also add another 12 inches of worth of patchwork. There were six of us ( Sonia Clifton, Jenny Manning, Keron Burgess, Susan Tomlinson, Jax Narnor and myself ) and after six months we held a pot luck party and opened all of the boxes.  Each of us would have seen the boxes at various stages but of course we hadn't seen our own box for 5 months.

It was great fun and very exciting when we opened our boxes and we spent a lot of  time arranging all the pieces.  We then took away our pieces and made them into our quilts, adding extra pieces as required.  My theme was Autumn and I particularly love this quilt as it was partly made by some of my very best friends, some of who do not live near me any more.


I could not stand back far enough for a front photograph, sorry about that!














My two cats used the quilt as a climbing frame when they were little and so my scarcrows mouth looks a little skew whiff.



No comments:

Post a Comment