Tuesday 23 December 2014

Ready for Christmas

We have been very busy working towards Christmas this year with 27 over 12s, plus 3 children and 3 babies coming.   We have 4 family members from Australia  who are visiting the UK which is very exciting.

The trees have been up for a while in the house and barn and the pile of pressies is growing larger as everyone keeps adding to it.  The turkey is stuffed and ready, and in Bijans boot as the fridge is nearly bursting.  I always cook mine on Christmas Eve as there is too much else to cook on Christmas Day with catering for so many. We always have a peeling party on Christmas Eve which is fun.  We prepare the mountain of vegetables and eat and drink some special food.   Many hands make light work as they say.

The table in the barn is nearly ready.  We will all be seated which is quite a challenge with our large number.  All the table needs is some glasses and some more chairs.

 I also finished my cake today.  I was inspired by a lovely Pinterest post by Diana Rose. I just love Pinterest!

Thank you to everyone who has visited my Blog in the past year.  I hope you all have an enjoyable, healthy and happy Christmas and that 2015 brings nothing but good things.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment