Monday 2 March 2015

Feeling Yuk But Making Changes

It is a while since I have felt so sick with some sort of cold/ flue.  It has knocked me for six and has taken my good nature along with my energy.  Even hand sewing has been a challenge so I am very frustrated.

In the meantime there have been great changes outside our house.  My husband Bijan and I live in an old farmhouse just outside of Newbury in Berkshire and we renovated a 300 year old barn when we arrived here 9 1/2 years ago.  I used to teach textile workshops in the barn and attached cottage with my sister Sonia.  It all became too much for various reasons and so after a long journey of deciding what to do, we are in the process of splitting our property in two.  We hope to live in the barn half and sell the farmhouse off.  This week the builders have built the farmhouse a new drive through the walled garden. I was sorry we had to do this but I am pleased with the result.   I just need some energy to go and sort out the plants.




No comments:

Post a Comment