Monday 12 January 2015

A Year in Pictures - 2014

 For some strange reason this post became stuck in schedule instead of being posted in the last week of January.  Better late than never as the saying goes!

January

The year started with us being cut off from the main road for 3 weeks because of the floods.  We had to have one of our cars towed out which we parked at the end of the bridle way.  We had to walk the bridle way river each time we went out and often in the dark navigate it with all of our shopping.

Our two girls, Himani (underneath) and Mishti catching some Winter sun in the conservatory.
February

The nearby fields were still flooded but the snowdrops were gorgeous underneath the old apple trees and behind the barn.
March

I took a workshop with Jill Flowers at Newbury Embroiderers Guild and made a corsage out of paper.


A hare visited us and stayed for an hour for the first time.  We have seen them in the distance but they have never ventured into the courtyard.

April

Easter rocky road, a family favourite.
Some ferns uncurling their leaves in
the drive.












May

The delphiniums in this neglected bed grow amazingly high.

Our apple trees are very old but still send forth the most gorgeous blossom.











June

One of the last trips in my camper van to Longlete.  Unfortunately the weather was terrible and Sonia my sister was ill.  We made the most of it though.

A barn owl became stuck on the roof and the fire brigade had to come and rescue her.  I will tell you her story in another blog next year.















July

I decided after 5 years that I would sell my camper van because of several reasons.  I will miss her a lot but it is a relief that I do not have to drive her anymore as my every day car.  I bought a mini which I can nip around in and named him Guo (Jo). Guess why?!
I visited Wells Cathedral with my husband Bijan.  It is a beautiful and interesting place to visit and we had the perfect weather.
August

Festival of Quilts time and I went as usual with a group of friends.  Sonia was too ill to go which was such a shame.  Next year we are going to make sure we make up for all the things she missed because of her ill health.  I entered this wall hanging named "My Favourite Mug".

I went with Bijan to Historic Portsmouth and thought it was brilliant.  We want to go back again  next year as there was such a lot to see.
September

Hydrangeas are one of my favourite plants and I dried many of them over my AGA.  I would like to do some work on this theme.
I held a Halloween party and my niece of 12 years made an amazing horror cake.  All of the layers were different colours and in the middle were some smarties. Apart from helping her use my AGA she made it all her self. She came up with the idea after seeing a multi colour cake on Pinterest.
Autumn colours on a walk.  Just lovely.
 November

We took a trip to London to see the Poppies and the Tower of London.  Afterwards we took a cruise down the Thames.








We also took a trip up to London to visit The Shard and Burrough Market.





December

Frosted artichokes in the garden
I dressed as an angel at my younger sister Jeannie's fancy dress party. We had a brilliant time!  We didn't have a very good year to say the least but we did  have a wonderful Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment