Friday 13 June 2014

Wonderwool Wool

A couple of months ago Sonia, my sister and I stayed with my friend Susan in Wales and we attended  the  "Wonderwool" show.  We had a great time and I treated myself to a beautiful hank of hand dyed wool to make a little winter shawl. The stand  I loved was named Fivemoons and I had a hard time choosing the colour as they were all so yummy. In the end I bought some Diana 4 ply, colour Roman  Mythology made from 50 per cent super wash merino and 50 per cent silk, costing £16.50.  I was given a free pattern with my wool and I finished knitting the scarf a couple of weeks ago.

It is so soft and will keep my neck so cosy next winter.  The picots around the edge may be blocked to make them more pronounced but I liked the bobble look.  The shop also sold packs of small amounts of different coloured wool for making projects with granny squares and similar.  The web site is www.fivemoons.co.uk.




No comments:

Post a Comment