Friday 27 June 2014

Circles Quilt

I decided that it was time to finish some projects that have been hanging around for a while, and  clear the decks for some new work.  I also needed a break from dress making which I have enjoyed revisiting after many years.   The background of this circle quilt was started several years ago, and last summer I added all the circles.  It has sat layered and tacked together ever since and now is the time for quilting it.  The quilting which I am making up as I go along, is going to be fitted around other things and so may take a few weeks.

I thought I would give you a peak, though I won't show you the whole quilt until it's finished.

The quilt has been made of Japanese fabrics.






I tacked the quilt together with a basting gun and add a few extra pins as I start to quilt in specific areas.  To start with I am going to sew in the ditch around the circles and then echo quilt some of them also. 







Here is what the back looks like after my first quilting session.

No comments:

Post a Comment