Monday 17 August 2015

Blue Linen Top

I have been very distracted lately with moving, planning, selling and all the legal and other issues that go along with it.  I however decided to spend some time dressmaking in an attempt to use up some of the mountain of fabric that I have accumulated.  I forced myself to become creative and finally the bug bit and I well and truly started to enjoy myself.  The only thing was that in becoming excited and having to go and buy bits and pieces to finish garments, I have bought more fabric than I had before!

The  first garment  I constructed was a blue linen top that I have made before and is a modified pattern from the book Bold and Beautiful- Easy Sew clothes .  It is such an easy pattern and very loose and cool to wear.



I like to wear this top over linen trousers or jeans and dress it up with a scarf or colourful jewellery.



The pattern was a PDF download which I narrowed slightly and straightened the bottom hem.

No comments:

Post a Comment