Thursday 11 June 2015

Knitted Fairies 1

Some time ago I was introduced by my friend Ann, to a book called Knitted Fairies by Fiona McDonald, and I decided that I just had to try creating some. These two were knitted as a pair.
 I found that the parts knitted up quickly, but it took ages to sew them all together, especially  adding the little ears and forming the hands.

I did not always stay completely true to the fairies in the book but took bits and pieces from several depending on the materials I had. This fairies hair was made from feather boa trim.
I did not make the eyes as the book instructed but printed the ones from the book onto fabric and carefully cut them out and glued them in place. I will show you the other ones I have made in another blog.  After having another look at the book I am tempted to make some more but I really just do not have the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment