Wednesday 24 September 2014

Linen Wrap Cardigan 1

After selling my knitting machine last year I ended up with some cones of fine wool which needed using up.  I am not very patient with working out correct tensions from knitting tension squares but did make a trial tiny square with which I experimented with different size needles. I had to wash the piece afterwards as Machine knitting wool is waxed.

I decided to try use a very favourite pattern which I have knitted up several times as is quite a loose fit. It is from the book called Knitting by Sarah  Dallas and the pattern which I used is named the Wrap Cardigan.

I knitted all of the pieces and decided to add a moss stitch border to the collar as well as make some little patch pockets.



As you can see Mishti is trying to star on my blog again!

    Here are the knitted pieces ready to sew together before washing.  The yarn I used  is mainly linen with wool  and so it has a rough texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment