Sunday 24 August 2014

Festival of Quilts - Embroidery

There was plenty of fabulous embroidery at the show not only on quilts and clothing but also in its own right.  As always Stephanie Redferns work blows me away and her daughter Choles pieces were also beautiful.  I see a young talent there in the making.  The British artists stand where most of her work was shown was simply fantastic.  I only wish there had been a book to go with the exhibition and I had more time to look at the work.  I  put this wonky photo in so that any one who doesn't know her work can see her style and can look her up.  I shouldn't have been taking photos of this exhibit and so I appologize to her.



My great discovery was a exhibit by some French artists whose work was all wonderful.  I loved all the work but especially that by Judith Mundwiler's.
Lots of techniques were used in her pieces and the subtle colours brought together in a plain contempory frame displayed the work beautifully.  The air condition in the booth made the chiffon on some of the work float in the most beautiful way.








Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment